Kabale aspirant pulls out of NRM primaries as he accuses Minister Bahati of election rigging

ads

KABALE – Mr Nicholas Tuesday Arinaitwe, one of the NRM party aspirants for Ndorwa West constituency in Kabale District has pulled out of NRM primaries. The candidate alleges that the election has already been rigged in favour Mr David Bahati.

Arinaitwe, Simpson Mpiriirwe, and Mark Raizo Mashemererwa are contesting against of the incumbent Bahati, who is also the State Minister of Finance for Planning.

However, on Wednesday, Arineitwe wrote to the office of Kabale District NRM registrar indicating that he is no longer interested in the race.

He also says that some registrars at the village and sub-county level are known supporters of Bahati.

Arineitwe adds that he will contest as an independent candidate in the 2021 general elections.

Maurice Mugenga Keitaba, the Kabale District NRM registrar says that he has received Arineitwe’s withdraw letter.

Edison Turyahabwa, the District NRM Publicity Secretary rubbished Arineitwe’s accusation that the commission sides with Bahati.

This is the second NRM candidate to withdraw from the race ahead of the primaries.

Early last month, Dixon Kagurusi Ampumuza, one of the Kinkiizi West County Member of Parliament aspirants withdrew from the race alleging harassment of his supporters by security personnel. He, however, vowed to contest in the next year’s elections as an independent candidate.

He was contesting against the incumbent MP James Ruggimana Kaberuka, Julius Mbabazi, Gregory Mugabe, Vanansio Mujuni Monday and Adon Kahinda.

ads

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

ads

You may like

Hot Videos
ads
In the news
Load More
ads