Uganda launches over 358 mln USD plan to combat second wave of COVID-19 pandemic

Health Ministry Permanent Secretary, Dr Diana Atwine
ads

KAMPALA — Uganda on Friday launched a 358.9 million-U.S.-dollar plan to combat the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic that has hit the east African country.

Henry Mwebesa, director general of health services, said during the launch that the plan had been developed basing on the lessons learnt between March last year when the first case was detected in the country, and June 2021.

“This plan takes into account the changes in epidemiology of the pandemic, inclusive of the emergence of COVID-19 variants,” Mwebesa said.

According to the plan, funds will be spent on surveillance, case management and risk communication among other activities.

Ministry of health figures show that as of June 1, the country’s cumulative cases of COVID-19 had reached 49,759 cases, with 47,760 recoveries and 365 deaths.

ads

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

ads

You may like

Hot Videos
ads
In the news
Load More
ads